1.What's the difference between hard uv ink, neutral uv ink and soft uv ink
Original articles, may not be reproduced.
Author: Ms Kyna Zhou.
Writing time: 2019-2-20An
An Overview of the Three Ink Characteristics is Provided by a 6-Star Map
Superinks Soft UV Ink
Best folding endurance, good adhesion, good freezing toughness.
Ink layer is too soft, and it is easy to leave scratch marks on the hard material.
Light cloth, soft film, wall cloth, wallpaper, car stickers, PVC film, PET lamp, canvas, 3P cloth, and other soft materials.
Superinks Ink Colours K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,White,Gross Superinks Ink Property Flexible UV curable ink Best Printing Temperature 45℃(printable range 40 - 50℃) UV Wavelength 395nm Light Fastness Level(International Standard) Cyan:8 , Magenta:7-8 , Yellow: 8 , Black: 8 Outdoor Side Life More than 2 years Maintenance-free Time 2 weeks Ink Layer Hardness (International Standard) 5B Normal Temperature Ink Stretch Ratio (25℃) >160% Low Temperature Ink Stretch Ratio (5-10℃) >140% Ink Layer Bending Crack Temperature <5℃ Water Resistant Level(0 Level without any Color Change) level 2 Acid Resistant Level(0 Level without any Color Change) level 4 Odor Level (0 level odorless) Finished printing: Level 4, 24 hours later: Level 1
Superinks Neutral UV ink
Adhesion is good on various materials such as sheet and soft, no need to use coating, and has certain scratch resistance.
The hardness is slightly lacking, and it is not suitable for materials with high hardness such as glass.
Acrylic, PS board, PVC foam board, KT board, etc.
Superinks Ink Colours K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,White,Gross Superinks Ink Property Neutral UV curable ink Best Printing Temperature 45℃(printable range 40 - 50℃) UV Wavelength 395nm Light Fastness Level(International Standard) Cyan:8 , Magenta:7-8 , Yellow: 8 , Black: 8 Outdoor Side Life More than 2 years Maintenance-free Time 2 weeks Ink Layer Hardness (International Standard) H Normal Temperature Ink Stretch Ratio (25℃) >140% Low Temperature Ink Stretch Ratio (5-10℃) >110% Ink Layer Bending Crack Temperature <15℃ Water Resistant Level(0 Level without any Color Change) level 1 Acid Resistant Level(0 Level without any Color Change) level 2-4 Odor Level (0 level odorless) Finished printing: Level 3.5, 24 hours later: Level 1
Superinks Hard UV ink
The ink layer has high hardness,good scratch resistance, good alkali resistance and acid resistance.
Folding endurance is the weakest.
high-hard materials such as ceramic tiles, metal, wood, hard plastic, glass, small crafts.
Superinks Ink Colours K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,White,Gross Superinks Ink Property Hard UV curable ink Best Printing Temperature 45℃(printable range 40 - 50℃) UV Wavelength 395nm Light Fastness Level(International Standard) Cyan:8 , Magenta:7-8 , Yellow: 8 , Black: 8 Outdoor Side Life More than 2 years Maintenance-free Time 2 weeks Ink Layer Hardness (International Standard) 4H Normal Temperature Ink Stretch Ratio (25℃) ---- Low Temperature Ink Stretch Ratio (5-10℃) ---- Ink Layer Bending Crack Temperature ---- Water Resistant Level(0 Level without any Color Change) level 1 Acid Resistant Level(0 Level without any Color Change) level 1 Odor Level (0 level odorless) Finished printing: Level 3.5, 24 hours later: Level 1
2.Inkjet printers in the work of the problems mainly concentrated in the ink and nozzles
The ink used in the inkjet printer is very large, and after a long period of time, the ink has an effect on the nozzle and the printed image. The wear and ink buildup of the nozzle for a long time also affects the quality of the printed image. Therefore, the correct selection of ink and the correct maintenance of the nozzle, each inkjet printer users can not be ignored in the use of the problem.
So the user should first make the choice of ink. The quality of the ink can determine the quality of the printed image, but also determine the service life of the nozzle. Inkjet ink is manufactured with its complex, whether it is original ink, or compatible ink. As long as you can meet the quality requirements of continuous printing can be. Therefore, for more inkjet inkjet machine, we can choose “cheap” non-original high-quality ink.
The second is to do the equipment and nozzle maintenance work. The nozzle is most likely to be jammed because the print time is too long, the ink is used improperly, or it is not used for a long time. Of course, the use of poor quality ink, can also cause the nozzle hole blockage and affect the print quality, serious even lead to the entire nozzle scrapped. Although the nozzle manufacturing process fine, but its structure is not complicated. And the printing medium in direct contact with the plane of dissatisfaction with a number of tiny holes, the nozzle and insert the cartridge connected to the nozzle, from the nozzle to the spray hole and around the nozzle often stay strong adhesion of the toner or impurities, These toner and impurities, the nozzle can be restored to normal print function.
For a long time to stop using the inkjet machine (such as the National Day holiday), it is best to inkjet machine cleaning system with the entire cleaning system after washing to avoid the nozzle hole plug. Most of the seemingly scrapped nozzle, just the nozzle is blocked and can not work, just a simple rinse can restore its print function. For the normal print, but the lack of strokes or color, or high-resolution image blur such a slight congestion, the general use of inkjet machine comes with the nozzle cleaning procedures can be resolved. However, it should be noted that, once found that the lack of strokes or poor color and other minor nozzle clogging, should be used as soon as possible to clean the cleaning process. For the printing process, the machine often filling or cleaning the nozzle, but the printing effect is still poor or the nozzle is seriously blocked, the machine can not be filled with ink, or inkjet machine refused to work only manual cleaning method. Manual cleaning method is not complicated, but the need to disassemble the nozzle, the number of cleaning should not be too frequent. Manual cleaning method is the use of syringes and can be set in the needle on a rubber tube, cleaning fluid, about ten times the magnifying glass, hard plastic knife and other tools. Remove the nozzle, with a magnifying glass to carefully find the nozzle was blocked nozzle, and then use the syringe to the cleaning fluid into the injection hole, if necessary, can be used hard plastic knife scraping the edge of the hole. Be careful not to contaminate the electrode during use.
3.The reason of clog nozzle
As some color do not inkjet for a long time, or the temperature increase when nozzle is using, so that the stationary ink will be drying agglomeration in nozzle wall, and if do not clean in time the drying of relatively powerful, the nozzle may not be cleaned out, therefore, should cleaning immediately when found the clog nozzle.
The ink can not clog nozzle.Ink reach the nozzle, will go through a filter whose diameter is of 10—26μ, its fineness smaller than the diameter of nozzle, so when the ink reaches the nozzle, have process super filter, will not clog caused by nozzle.
Why would clog the nozzle? What are the main reason of clog?
1. An accumulation of ink in the nozzle to a certain extent will clog nozzle outside is the most common clog way. Because ink is a volatile liquid, it will easy to turn to solids under the air. Inkjet nozzle to the fabric, there will leave a part of ink around, and this part of ink dried in the air will slowly become smaller even clog nozzle, but as the outside nozzle hole, it is easy to clean. That’s the reason why we want to always clean nozzle.
2. Damage of the piezoelectric crystal definitely nozzle could not jet ink. The piezoelectric nozzle can be used generally about a year, it is a normal that a lot of work in printing plants may use less than a year.
3. Piezoelectric crystal fatigue damage: the phenomenon is sometimes nozzle jet ink, sometime no. Especially in the large jet, ” blocking” phenomenon evident, then the best approach is to replace a new nozzle.
4. Nozzle filter clogging caused no ink: when the nozzle used in a long time, especially in the printing task is not always full plant, the ink does not flow in the nozzle a long time, easily absorbed in the internal filter or ink channel walls, so that the flow of ink can also cause smaller cross-sectional area of no ink nozzle phenomenon, now a dedicated device can help you solve this nozzle problem.
4.Manual of use Ricoh G5 head
Manual of use Ricoh G5 head
1. When the head is introduced, the water based and pigment inks are used as materials to explain the items of negative pressure and filter accuracy (the maximum size of the head is 1 micron, the accuracy of the filter is 1-5 micron). While the head uses UV ink, what else information should be noted except above?
When a high-viscosity type ink such as uv ink is used, a relatively large pressure loss occurs in a filter or in the channel of the ink supply system, which may cause ink ejection failure. For this reason, it is recommended to install a heater in the ink supply channel, to reduce the ink viscosity and avoid pressure loss.
2. The main points or guiding requirements for mechanical installation during the installation and splicing of the head, such as the flatness of the head floor, the distance to the material, and the guiding requirements for the machining accuracy of the X and Y directions;The machining accuracy in the X and Y directions is determined by the positional relationship between the adjustment positioning post and the position of the nozzles. Position accuracy is ±0.008mm.The accuracy of the head mounting surface in the Z direction is 0.01 mm or less. Therefore, the flatness of the frame on which the head is mounted (the surface in contact with the head mounting surface) is recommended to be 0.01 mm or less.The positional accuracy of the head mounting surface (lower end surface) and the head surface in the Z direction is ±0.1 mm.
3. Guidance drawings for head ink supply lines, such as ink supply requirements, flow rate, pressure, special recommendations for certain inks, such as degassing of pipes, and maintenance of heads;
1) When driving the head, the pressure on the head face is recommended to be between -10 and -25 mm water column (mH2O).
2) When the water level difference is used to ensure the above negative pressure value, it is necessary to consider the ink amount and the fluid speed according to the head driving conditions.
3) The ink supply pressure is subject to the following values.Recommended value: 2.5 psi (17.3 kPa), maximum: 8 psi (55.2 kPa)
4) The following are recommendations for conventional inks
A. It is generally considered to add a degassing filter to the ink supply system.
B. Foaming which is mixed into the ink tank is often one of the causes of poor ink ejection, and can be discharged by ink pressing or the like.
C. There may be residual ink left around the head. It is recommended to remove it by regular scraping.
D. To prevent the ink in the head from drying out and to avoid sticking dust, it is recommended to install the head cover when not printing.
4. the engineering meaning of the use of two or four colors of each head, such as the data obtained now is 4 rows of 600 dpi full misalignment, using a single head using two-color, four-color specific use method (for example: whether to order with two-color The head should be double 300 dpi, every two colors are fully aligned)The print head does not have a two-color, column-aligned version. Usually the head is used in a monochrome 600 dpi condition. If you need to use multi-color, it is generally used with the printing mechanism of the scan mode, and is not suitable for the one-pass mode printing mechanism.
5.Instructions for install Epson print heads
At present, Epson head are widely used in various eco solvent printers, and the impact of the print head on the eco solvent printers is quite large. It is necessary to pay attention to the installation of eco solvent printers to replace the piezoelectric print head and new print head.
Instructions for Epson head eco solvent printer:
1. It is very important to install the Epson head printer. The main reason is that the head is relatively expensive, the head is relatively delicate, and the installation error may greatly affect the normal printing state of the piezoelectric head. In other words, a slight accident will cause damage to your head. Therefore, it is necessary to talk about the precautions for Eco solvent printers print head. Be sure to follow the instructions to avoid unnecessary damage to the head due to improper operation.
2. Before installing the piezoelectric head, first ensure that the machine is in normal motion, the ground wire of the machine is connected very well, the voltage on the car board is normal, and the voltage supplied by the head is normal. The easiest way is to use a multimeter to measure the static electricity on the machine, the voltage of the car board, and the power supply voltage of the head. The power supply voltage of the Epson DX5 head is 42V DC.
3. Using software to test all aspects of the machine movements, and make sure it is normal, the raster reading is normal, the indicator light is normal. Before installation, the installer’s hands should touch the conductive body to discharge the hands. The operator’s hands should not have sweat or moisture, because once you touching the head line plug, if the head is inserted, it may cause the head to be short-circuited. Also, don’t wear plastic cloth, that is easy to get static electricity. It is best to have an electrostatic ring in your hands if conditions permit. Always turn off the power and unplug the power cord during installation.
4. Normally, there is no less than two head data plug-in on one general head. Check whether the thread of the plug-in has a raised stitch, whether it is flat. It is better to use a new plug-in cable. Plug the plug-in on the head and insert it firmly without any tilt. The end of the head line is generally divided into two sides, one side needs to contact with the circuit, the other side needs not in contact with the circuit, make sure the direction is not wrong. After inserting it, it’s better to checked several times to confirm that there is no problem. And then installing the head on the cartridge frame.
5. Instruction of connect the head line to car board: first of all, make sure there is no electricity to operate. No mistake position, be clear about the corresponding position of the line from the head. If there is hesitant or not sure, don’t try. You can consult the supplier to ask for the correct cable position. If you don’t have experience to uninstall and install, take a photo before changing and mark each line separately. Because the consequences will be very serious, once you connect in wrong place, the print head probably being damaged.
6. Confirm once again and again after install, then open the power. Before start the print head, pump up the ink to heads. And then check if the head sprays works, normally, spray works, print heads works.
7. The installation of the head must be careful, the work before installation can not be less, and must be clearly organized.
8. It is also important to check whether the head is a new head before installing.
9. When inserting the ink bag, do not let the ink drip onto the data line. Because the ink flows down the data line, it will enter the circuit directly and then may cause the short circuit to directly burn the head.
10. Choose qualified ink and maintain the head usually to extend the lifetime of print head.
6.Why there are obvious broken lines in the printed image.
Why there are obvious broken lines in the printed image?
Cause: It is caused by a blocked nozzle in the head. If there is one nozzle blocked in a Piezoelectric type print head, it may cause a broken line in the image. If there are many nozzle holes blocked, the broken lines will become serious.
Solution:Clean the head and clean the plug
a. There are impurities in the pipeline
b. There are impurities in the ink bag, need to clean the ink bag pipe
c. The ink is contaminated
d. There is a problem with the quality of the ink. The ink needs to be replaced.
e. Environmental problems, the temperature is too low. Install air conditioners and need to improve the ambient temperature.
f. The print head is in poor condition and needs to be replaced.
g. The surface of the nozzle is too dirty and has fluff. It is necessary to clean the surface of the nozzle.
h. Scraper, the ink stack is too dirty, need to clean the blade, ink damper, ink stack
K. There is air in the ink bag, and the air in the ink bag needs to be taken out.
7.The reason that the print heads have break lines
1. Physical damage caused by collision and paper jam, folding, etc. In this case, new print heads need to be replaced.
2. Because the machine is idle for a long time, the head‘s residual ink will dry up and the print head will be blocked. In this case, it is necessary to soak the head with cleaning solution, which requires professional maintenance personnel to operate.
3. Environmental factors. The working environment requires suitable temperature and humidity, the temperature is between 18-25 degrees, and the humidity is about 50%. If the temperature is too high or too low, or the humidity is too low, the heads will be short-circuited.
4. Continuous printing, large area and large background printing. After continuous printing, the machine should be properly rested for 10 minutes to continue printing, otherwise it is prone to have break lines.
5. Use inferior inks to reduce costs, many of the people use Inferior inks, the fluency of the ink, and the particles in the ink may cause the nozzle to be broken. The ink with stable technology and stable performance should be used.
6. Use replace cartridge with an unreasonable structure. The original ink cartridge has a complicated structure, and the purpose is to ensure continuous and stable output of the ink during use. The domestic substitute ink cartridge simplifies many structures and easily causes the head to be broken.
7. The ink stack and the head scraper are dirty, and the residual ink is dry. We should clean the ink pad, ink stack and scraper. Generally use clean warm water with a soft cloth. It is best to use a special cleaning cotton swab.
8. Dye paper or similar paper fibers are stuck to the nozzle to block the nozzle. We should choose a smooth surface of the medium. when the head is broken, the professional maintenance personnel should remove the nozzle and clean it.
8.How to use and maintain the print head when the cold wave hits
In the winter, there will be constant cold waves. In some areas, the temperature is close to or below 0 degrees. At this time, the ink viscosity will increase at very low temperatures, and the dry weather in winter will make the printer heads very easy to Broken line phenomenon.
So how do we properly use and maintain the print head?
First, it is necessary to keep the indoor temperature of the printer at not less than 20 degrees Celsius, and the air humidity is not less than 40%.
Second, you need to ensure the storage environment of the ink to prevent the ink from deteriorating. Please follow the normal operation procedure to protect the print head and ink.
Third, remember not to use the machine under low temperature environment, the print head is expensive like gold, and it is used and cherished!
In addition, we can solve some problems by increasing the temperature of the ink. Some machine manufacturers give the user a heating device on the machine. Some machine manufacturers install heating devices near the bottom of the nozzle.
Another method is to warm the ink cartridge by adding a temperature control device to the secondary ink cartridge or the ink supply tank (main ink cartridge) to increase the temperature of the ink. This method uses a large amount of electricity, because its safety is better, it is worth promoting. (General normal temperature is 25-30 degrees Celsius)
9.What information we need pay attention to while change a new ink
Please follow the manual step by step while you want changing a new ink.
1. Before changing, while the old ink is still on the printer, print a nozzle check picture, and a piece of picture. These are used to compare.
2. Empty the old ink.
3. Clean the ink channel with professional cleaning solution. The above 2 steps is to make sure that never mix two different inks, even ink for one head from different supplier.
4. Please noted that do not make the second contamination to ink when load ink.
5. Suck ink to pipelines, degassing the pipelines, clean the head with Non-woven fabric.
6. Start print. If not good, make some adjust to improve.
7. Print nozzle check picture, and another compare picture. Then you can compare the old ink and the new ink.
8. Print some jobs to run out the mix inks that remain in the pipes or print heads.
9. Pay attention to the new inks, print nozzle check every day while start work and before stop work. Compare the old ink, and new ink’s first and the last printed nozzle check and compare picture.
While changing a new ink, we wish that the ink can be better than the old one, so we need compare.
Not only compare nozzle check and picture, we may still compare “print head life time”, “frequency of clean performance”, “customer feedback”, “colors performance” etc.